Wednesday, October 13, 2004

My kids

Since I had Columbus Day off of work, I got a chance to spend the time with my wife and two young children. I got a chance to see my children during parts of the day when they are at their best; when they are the happiest, when they are the kindest, when they are the most loving.

I realized that the majority of the time I don't get to see my children when they are at their best. I see them at the end of the day when I get home -- usually at the time they are both starting to melt down.

I don't have any answers.... I just think that it is unfortunate.

2 Comments:

At October 13, 2004 at 4:15:00 PM EDT, Blogger Batya said...

Try to make time, at least weekly, to be with your kids during their "good hours." Get to know them; enjoy them. You'll never get this time back.

 
At October 13, 2004 at 7:04:00 PM EDT, Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

I work from 9:30 am until 8pm 4 days a week. Although, I get my kids up and take them to school, they are hardly awake at this time. When I get home, it's time for them to go to bed. I hate this. I'M THE MOMMY. Not that it's okay for the Totty to be in this situation, either. Shabbos is usually the only time I can just BE with my kids. Just to sit with them and not have to get up and do laundry or dishes or other things that I do when I don't work on Sundays. This makes Shabbos all the more precious to me.

But I have found that if I once in awhile take a day off and spend it with one child and ONLY one child, it makes a wonderful difference for the both of us. I know this is hard to do when everyone is so busy at work. But it's worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home