Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Negativity

It seems as we leave the month of Tishrei we are entering a world of negativity - especially now with the elections coming up in November. I can't tell you how many times I have heard people say "We can't take 4 more years of Bush!" or "We can't take 4 years of Kerry!". We CAN take 4 years of whoever is elected president.

On Rosh Hashanah we proclaimed that Hashem was our King - He rules the entire universe! What does it make a difference who is president?? Neither Bush nor Kerry is going to turn into a Hitler or Stalin. We may disagree [strongly at times] with their policies, but four years of either candidate is not going to "destroy" the country.

It concerns me to see the atmosphere being polluted by all this negativity. This pollution is no different than that of some big companies that spew poisonous gases into to the air. When it comes down to it, we all have the same recourse; one vote. There is no need to wrap ourselves up in all the filth the surrounds this election.

A person is where his thoughts are.


Note: I plan to vote, but will not vote for either candidate. This is my protest.

P.S. I just realized that I wrote an "anti-negativity" blog - whatever that means...


2 Comments:

At October 14, 2004 at 10:31:00 AM EDT, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

That makes sense to me. All this negativity is not healthy.

 
At October 16, 2004 at 10:49:00 AM EDT, Blogger "s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

yup i agree with this. My pastor always say this : for what the person thinks is what he is :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home