Tuesday, December 07, 2004

An Amazing Phenomenon

It doesn't make sense.

When you are thoroughly exhausted, the last thing you would think to do, or want to do, is to exercise. However it is the exercise itself that makes you feel better.

I am still amazed how you get more energy by expending energy.

I always feel better after running on the treadmill for 30 minutes. It clears up my previously clouded mind.

Don't try to explain the science of this to me. I got C's and D's in science.

I just think that it is an amazing phenomenon.

3 Comments:

At December 7, 2004 at 12:32:00 PM EST, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Exercise is good for so many things.

 
At December 7, 2004 at 2:09:00 PM EST, Blogger Keren Perles said...

Hmmm, this could be quite an interesting mashal...

I heard a different one from Rabbi Krohn recently, that I think ties in with this well.

There once was a country bumpkin who wanted to mail a package. He went to the post office with his package, and was told "sorry, you can't mail this, it's too heavy!" "So what can I do?" he asked. "Put more stamps on it," answered the postman. "But I can't do that!" exclaimed the man. "That'll make it even heavier!"

He used it in connection to the phrase, "Im mezonosav metzumtzamim, yaaser mayhem tzedakah." But I think it applies to lots of other areas of life...Making chavrusas takes up precious time, but makes your time that much more precious...Being patient with your kids takes willpower, but if your kids are raised correctly, their parents will have considerably less agmas nefesh later and a lot more nachas...Struggling through a tough nisayon is HARD and takes both mental and emotional energy, but the different person that it creates makes it all worthwhile...

 
At December 7, 2004 at 3:33:00 PM EST, Blogger Alice said...

OK. I'm going for a walk right now. It's contagious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home