Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I Love You

When I leave for work in the morning my family is still sleeping. Before I leave the house I go over to my wife and say goodbye and "I love you". If, G-d forbid, something happened to me during the day and I didn't return home that evening I want my wife to remember the last thing I said to her was that I loved her.

Who can forget the stories from September 11th when people called their spouses from cellular phones shortly before their deaths. Some just left messages on an answering machine to tell their families that they loved them.

I don't want my last words to be a recording.

Perhaps this is a morbid thought, however it is something that is in my consciousness each morning.

4 Comments:

At January 26, 2005 at 1:12:00 PM EST, Blogger Stacey said...

I think what you do is very sweet and a good idea. For who really knows what each day will bring?

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Take care. :)

 
At January 26, 2005 at 1:19:00 PM EST, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

That is very important and a very nice thought. Nice post, it is kind of familiar to me. ;)

 
At January 26, 2005 at 1:24:00 PM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Jack:

Yes, very similar to you posting here:

http://wwwjackbenimble.blogspot.com/2005/01/life-is-precious-live-it-well.html

;)

 
At January 26, 2005 at 9:56:00 PM EST, Blogger Anshel's Wife said...

I don't think it's morbid at all. I think it's very sweet. Before or after 9/11.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home