Friday, January 28, 2005

Someone Worthy

When the Satmar Rebbe, came to Eretz Yisroel, a Jew came and asked him for a brocha before his departure. This Jew expressed the fear that after the Satmar Rebbe returned to America, there would be no one worthy to ask for a blessing. The Satmar Rebbe told him "Go to any Jew that has a number tattooed on his arm and ask him for a brocha. A Jew that has a tattoo on his arm and still puts on tefillin can give you the best brocha. When such a person is available, you do not need the Satmar Rebbe to give you a brocha."

2 Comments:

At January 28, 2005 at 8:14:00 AM EST, Blogger Tzemach Atlas said...

Except I met a person two weeks ago who’s family was bumped off the Zionist escape train in Hungary to make room for Satmar Rebbe. I can not publish what he thinks about this.

 
At January 29, 2005 at 6:36:00 PM EST, Blogger HasidicG said...

The one thing that has endeared me so much to Chassidim is the down to earth reality and wisdom they have given Judaism while still staying true to Torah. When I hear stories like this I remember the spark that lit up inside me when I first discovered Torah. Todah Raba, JP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home