Tuesday, February 22, 2005

What What Is Not There Says About What Is There

Without reading the commentaries on this week's parsha, one finds fault with Aharon's actions during the episode with the golden calf. The text of the parsha does not explicitly tell us Aharon's motivations nor detail all of his delaying tactics to prevent the Jewish people from committing this aveira.

Perhaps there is a reason why all the details that allow us to view Aharon in a more positive light are not immediately apparent and why they are relegated to the commentaries. It could be to teach us the lesson to judge other people favorably and not to rush to judge another person until we have the whole story.

5 Comments:

At February 22, 2005 at 7:12:00 AM EST, Blogger Tamara said...

I think about the many times in my life where I jumped to conclusions without knowing the facts, then felt so silly when I learned the whole story. This is a worthwhile lesson for me.

 
At February 22, 2005 at 5:56:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granted, we should not be judging anyone, for we know not what their motives are. However, I think the greater concept to grasp is our temptation, still today, is to shape G-d to our liking. The gods we create blind us, I believe, to the love our loving G-d desires to shower on us. When we elevate anyone or anything above G-d He will not work in us.

I will email you soon.

 
At February 22, 2005 at 6:44:00 PM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Anonymous: I look forward to hearing from you. I always appreciate your insights and how you take my postings to a deeper level.

 
At February 22, 2005 at 9:42:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very kind. I just want to make sure you are wanting to contact me because there has been another Anonymous to respond to you. I have responded to your Lesson from the Desert, 2/17 Simplicity, 2/16 No Fear and 2/15 Boomerang. Am I the one you are wanting to hear from?

 
At February 23, 2005 at 7:02:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Yes :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home