Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Happiness Is Not A Location

While on vacation I continued thinking about this.

We vacationed in a place with the ocean, palm trees, beautiful weather, and even more beautiful scenery. It was refreshing to be outside in this wonderful environment and away from the drudgery of the work world.

While this was a beautiful place to visit, it is not a place where I could live or even stay for an extended period of time. Physically it was beautiful, but in reality it was a very dark golus. It was a place that could be suffocating for a person who sensitive to the needs of his neshoma. It was also not a place where one could easily or successfully bring up Jewish children.

It is unfortunate that there are not more places where one could live that are both physically and spiritually beautiful.

I realize that perhaps I am meant to live here until Moshiach comes.

2 Comments:

At September 17, 2006 at 9:57:00 PM EDT, Blogger Neil Harris said...

My wife, who grew up less than 30 minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean has been telling me (who grew up landlocked) that being near water helps one keep their sanity.

 
At September 18, 2006 at 6:24:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

I can certainly understand this. I can sit and stair out at the ocean and loose track of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home