Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Reunited In A Dream

In his sefer, the Degel Machaneh Ephraim recorded the visions he saw in his dreams during the years 1780-1786. In one of his dreams he recounted how he was reunited with his grandfather, the Baal Shem Tov, and how his grandfather hugged and kissed him. This particular dream occurred more than forty years after the passing his grandfather.

Yesterday as I reviewed this section containing the Degel's dream, I recalled a dream that I had shortly after I started seriously pursuing genealogical research - a dream about my grandfather who passed away when I was a teenager. In my dream my grandfather sat next to me with his arm around me while we paged through my black three-ring binder of genealogical documents and photos.

This dream made quite an impression on me. I felt as if my grandfather was aware of what I was doing and was together with my ancestors assisting me in my search.

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2005 at 8:39:00 PM EDT, Blogger Tamara said...

Wow, I love the quote about genealogy. I too have such an interest in this and have a file growing with family info. I plan on putting it together sometime hopefully in the nearer future.

This weekend I found out (though it may be a little unclear), that my grandfather's (on my father's side)mother's father was a rabbi in Poland.

WOW!! I wish I knew more. Like what type of rabbi, did he have a congregation, etc.

Thanks for the great post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home