Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Who Knows One

My two-year old daughter woke up a little earlier than usual on the last day of Pesach. I brought her downstairs so we wouldn't make too much noise to allow my wife to sleep in a little bit longer. It had rained the previous night and everything outside was still wet. Looking out a living room window my daughter said, "Water went on the grass." I used her observation to inquire further:

"Yes, there is water on the grass. Who made it rain?"

"The clouds"

"Yes, but who made the clouds?"

"The sky"

"...and who made the sky?"

"Hashem"

--
"I believe with perfect faith that G-d is the Creator and Ruler of all things. He alone has made, does make, and will make all things." - from Rambam's 13 Principles of Faith

2 Comments:

At May 3, 2005 at 11:08:00 AM EDT, Blogger torontopearl said...

You wove that together simply (would it be anything else?!) and beautifully.

 
At May 4, 2005 at 12:56:00 AM EDT, Blogger Pilot Mom said...

What joy to hear them as they begin to understand Who is behind it all! It brought a smile to my face as I remembered many conversations with my son when he was young. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home