Monday, June 06, 2005

A Thought From My Better Half

Last Thursday night I ran downstairs and wrote down my wife's words of wisdom, applicable to so many situations in life:

"You can't let a single moment now influence a lifelong decision."

She spoke these words in response to a point that I made that was full of future postulations and hypothetical scenarios. It was remarkable to see this former Golden Key Honour Society and Phi Beta Kappa member throw her analytical and rational thought out the window and rely simply on faith.

What I have I struggle to obtain, comes so naturally to my wife.

7 Comments:

At June 6, 2005 at 10:04:00 AM EDT, Blogger torontopearl said...

...From My Better Half OR From My Other Half?

 
At June 6, 2005 at 11:39:00 AM EDT, Blogger Alice said...

Hey SJ, what does 'bitul' mean? Hope you are having an awesome day.

 
At June 6, 2005 at 12:19:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Alice: Good afternoon. It is good to hear from you again. "Bitul" is a word that means self-nullification or selflessness.

 
At June 6, 2005 at 1:42:00 PM EDT, Blogger Alice said...

Ohhhh, that stuff I need more of. : )

 
At June 6, 2005 at 5:03:00 PM EDT, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Wives are special.

 
At June 6, 2005 at 6:59:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought bitul means waste

 
At June 7, 2005 at 12:17:00 AM EDT, Blogger Stacey said...

I will remember this. Profound.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home