Tuesday, July 19, 2005

An Index Of Refinement

A good index of a person's refinement is his ability to deal with an uncooperative toddler. Angrily disciplining a toddler does not exhibit parental skill; dealing with the child without a trace of anger does.

While I am not always successful in controlling my anger, I try to view each "toddler outburst" as a test to control my emotions. Each morning I daven, "Ribbono shel Olam, may we be matzliach to raise our children with middos tovos and yiras Shamayim. May we be able to discipline our children without displaying anger. May You help me be a better father."

--
Children become fools when their parents are quick tempered.

(Rebbe Nachman of Breslov)

2 Comments:

At July 20, 2005 at 5:46:00 PM EDT, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

That's a very good way to look at it.

After recent events in my community, I have a new appreciation of my kids. Even the psycho toddler. She doesn't get to me any more. I let her do her thing, and then I give her a big hug and kiss.

Totally confuses her.

 
At August 22, 2005 at 12:48:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really is a great way to approach it (Even if it is easier said then done...)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home