Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Is You Doin' Bat Girl?

My almost-three year-old daughter has been making me laugh a lot recently with her bad grammar, theatrical antics, and funny faces. While her vocabulary is quite remarkable for her age, the rules of grammar sometimes go out the window when she speaks. Examples of this grammar are sentences such as "Is you doin', Daddy?", "Thems got candy?", or "Me do it me-self!"

Recently, she has also come to me and said, "Hang me like a bat, Daddy!" - referring to when we play "bat girl" and I pick her up by her ankles and put her feet on the ceiling as she flaps her arms.

On Sunday, she cracked me up with a face she made while eating a home-made orange juice popsicle. I thought her head was going to implode as she crossed her eyes and scrunched up her face, sucking hard for the last remaining drops of juice. Although my daughter is a million times more extroverted than myself and has a personality quite different from mine, we share a common bond in that we both enjoy silliness.

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2005 at 9:46:00 AM EDT, Blogger Akiva said...

The little ones are always great.

Man, you must be a mighty tall Abba to reach up and put ankles on the ceiling, whoa baby!

I'm lucky if I can hold them over my head and they touch the ceiling with their hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home