Wednesday, November 16, 2005

King David's Fan Club

King David probably looks down from Gan Eden and smiles every time my three year-old daughter gets on her little red tricycle and starts singing, "Davimehfikayon". It seems to be my daughter's favorite song while riding.

On Monday, my wife took the kids to an open gym to play. She later related that my daughter started singing this song at the top of her lungs while she rode care-free through a gym full of children. Recognizing the tune, another Jewish mother looked over at my wife, smiled, and said, "My daughter likes to sing that one too."

The loud singing later continued out in the parking lot as they left the gym....

"Shout it out! Shabbos is coming! We're so happy!"

Others may look at my daughter like she is from Mars. I just laugh at her amusing antics and shake my head. I only wish I could be there when she sings this song to random people. I would like to be able to turn to the staring people and ask, "What are you people doing?? It's Monday! Don't you know that Shabbos is coming? Get your crock pots out and start cooking your cholent for the next five days! Let's get with the program!"

11 Comments:

At November 16, 2005 at 6:47:00 AM EST, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Sweet story. If only we could all have the excitement for shabbat - and for yiddishkeit - that your daughter has!

 
At November 16, 2005 at 6:55:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

I agree ;)

 
At November 16, 2005 at 9:45:00 AM EST, Blogger torontopearl said...

Yes, it's still that childlike innocence, that joie de vivre, that your Little Miss Redhead displays so freely. Lovely...

 
At November 16, 2005 at 9:48:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

...she has got a lot of Little Miss REDHEAD in her as well ;)

 
At November 16, 2005 at 9:55:00 AM EST, Blogger torontopearl said...

Funny...my daughter is NOT a redhead, but she displays those very same attributes!!!!

 
At November 16, 2005 at 9:55:00 AM EST, Blogger torontopearl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 16, 2005 at 9:59:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

I am glad to hear that I am not alone!

Pearl - please remind me how old your daughter is...

 
At November 16, 2005 at 10:00:00 AM EST, Blogger torontopearl said...

She's 8...going on 17!

 
At November 16, 2005 at 10:08:00 AM EST, Blogger yitz said...

Let just hope that "President" Katzav doesn't sell out King David's tomb for Holy Toledo!

see:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=93060

 
At November 16, 2005 at 10:18:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Yitz: I agree. Perhaps we should send my daughter to see Katzav and throw a tempertandrum in his office.

 
At November 17, 2005 at 1:18:00 PM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thanks Jen. I tend to agree! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home