Thursday, March 09, 2006

Dispatches From The Home Front - Adar Edition

In the midst of a crowded room, my three year-old daughter started singing, "Haman wanted to hurt the Jew, hurt the Jews, hurt the Jews..."

--

Daughter: "Daddy, its not a cookie! Its a Hamantaschen!"

--

Flattery sure works. My daughter recently told my wife, "Mommy, I missed you sooo much. ...Can I have those colored Cheerios?" [Froot Loops]

--

Walking down the stairs into the toy room, my wife noticed a pungent odor indicating that I had not yet changed our son's diapers. She looked at my daughter and said, "Your Daddy is going to have to go to the nose doctor if he can't smell that." Now, every time I leave the house, my daughter asks me if I am going to see the nose doctor.

--

Daughter: "Fooah Shawayma" [Refuah Shleima]

--

Daughter: "She [three year-old friend] said that the man - Hashem, is in the shul."

Mother: What does he look like?

Daughter: "He wears a yarmulke."

--

Daughter: "My picture here says that I am a little shy..."

--

When I asked my wife if she read my blog, she responded, "Only when I am bored".

--
(Cross Posted on Our Kids Speak)

Dispatches From The Home Front - November Edition can be read here.

8 Comments:

At March 9, 2006 at 7:41:00 AM EST, Blogger Philly Farmgirl said...

LOL! Three year olds are a blast! My children still crack me up, a sense of humor is such a gift.
Oh, and when I ask my beloved if he read my blog he says ,"Of course, you said something about the children, right?" Then I will find him perusing it later on before I ask any trick questions. ;-)

 
At March 9, 2006 at 8:44:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is some Purim-related humor from some MIT professors in their second childhood:
http://www-tech.mit.edu/V126/N9/9latke.html

 
At March 9, 2006 at 8:52:00 AM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Frum Philly Farmgirl: Thanks. How old are your children?

Bob Miller: I appreciate you sending the link. I prefer the latke to hamantaschen.

 
At March 9, 2006 at 12:44:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)
Very cute!

 
At March 9, 2006 at 12:52:00 PM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thanks Chabakuk Elisha. Do your kids have their Purim costumes picked out yet?

 
At March 9, 2006 at 1:11:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I have 2 Yerushalmis, 1 chineese girl, a firegirl, and a bumble bee.
(My oldest probably wont be in costume)

 
At March 9, 2006 at 1:14:00 PM EST, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Funny!

My daughter is going as a purple princess and my son is going as a streimel-wearing Mordechai on a horse.

 
At March 10, 2006 at 8:38:00 AM EST, Blogger Philly Farmgirl said...

ASJ, they are old , LOL!
20,18 and 14
My youngest loves to dress up still! We are trying to STILL figure that costume out. She is tired of the cat or gypsy costume. I was trying to get her to go with the farmgirl look...then she could just borrow my clothes! LOL! She did not jump on that one, needless to say. Ah well...we'll figure it out. I am going to dress up for my Hebrew school kids...they told me to come as a witch...trying to figure out if I should take that personally. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home