Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Anger - Part II

Back in December 2004, I wrote, "I am generally not an angry person. Before having children I used to think that anger was a problem other people had to overcome. So misguided was my thinking that I would even skip over chapters on the subject of anger in mussar seforim."

At times when my family and I are together and I find myself becoming angry with one of my children for misbehaving, I try to walk out of the room instead of displaying my anger in front of them. Although I try, unfortunately I am rarely successful.

Tonight, as we prepare to rid our homes of chometz, I am also going to make a renewed effort to rid all traces of this anger in my heart. As the Vizhnitzer Rebbe said, "The smallest quantity of anger is even worse than the smallest quantity of chometz."

In Likutey Moharan I:49, Rebbe Nachman of Breslov taught that these days of Nissan are days of teshuva, just like the days of Tishrei.

I am now going to resolve them to make them such.

8 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 at 7:39:00 AM EDT, Blogger torontopearl said...

What a good resolution. Hope you're successful!

Have a wonderful & Kosher Pesach together with your family, ASJ!

 
At April 11, 2006 at 7:40:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thanks Pearl! Chag kasher v'sameach!!

 
At April 11, 2006 at 11:22:00 AM EDT, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

This time before Pesach is probably the worst time of the year for anger management. Good luck.

 
At April 11, 2006 at 12:12:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thanks PT!

 
At April 11, 2006 at 2:23:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that. It's a fault that I struggle at overcoming with my own kids too. So I'm right there with you. Happy Passover!

 
At April 11, 2006 at 2:27:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Amishav: Have you found a technique that helps you overcome your anger?

 
At April 11, 2006 at 10:54:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Differentiate between the feeling and the action.It is impossible to eradicate the feeling.

 
At April 12, 2006 at 6:29:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Good point daaty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home