Friday, May 05, 2006

Genealogical Breakthrough!

I have been trying to obtain the naturalization records of my great-grandfather for the past seven years. Unfortunately, the courthouse containing the naturalization records would not honor requests of a genealogical nature.

This morning I just received word that this court house has changed its policy and is now excepting requests. On my lunch break, I spoke with a professional genealogist who had access to the Petition Books for Naturalization. Within a matter of minutes she was able to find my great-grandfather.

Excitedly, I just finished writing a letter to the county courthouse to obtain these records and dropped the letter in the mailbox.

Now all I have to do is wait....


Site of my great-grandfather's house (now an empty lot)

7 Comments:

At May 5, 2006 at 2:17:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazal Tov!
:-)

 
At May 5, 2006 at 2:53:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Thanks :)

 
At May 7, 2006 at 1:33:00 PM EDT, Blogger FrumGirl said...

Thats really amazing... where was this picture taken?

 
At May 7, 2006 at 8:35:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Frum Girl: The picture on this posting is a satellite picture that I found using the Google map feature.

 
At May 8, 2006 at 10:42:00 AM EDT, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Good luck. I did a search on Ellis Island's site for "Skier" and found quite a few (all Jewish), but none that were familiar.

 
At May 8, 2006 at 10:50:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

PT: If you ever have any question on genealogical reseach let me know. Here is a good place to start

 
At May 15, 2006 at 6:50:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

I have not received the records yet, however on Friday the courthouse called and said they were processing my request. A picture of my great-grandfather's house can be seen here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home