Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Mi Sh'Dochek es HaSh'ah..."

Today after I posted this, I kept hearing these words in my mind. I knew that I had heard them while listening to Rabbi Nassan Maimon's Likutey Moharan shiurim on my MP3 player, but I didn't remember exactly where in Likutey Moharan they were found.

Tonight I looked them up and found them in Likutey Moharan #20:5. Appararently these words come from the Gemara in Berachos 64a, "Whoever forces the moment, the moment forces him. But whoever yields before the moment, the moment yields before him."

To this, Rebbe Nachman of Breslov commented,

"Because of this, a person should not pressure himself about anything. Rather, he should request with pleading. If G-d will give it to him, He will give it; and if not, not."

6 Comments:

At May 18, 2006 at 11:46:00 PM EDT, Blogger Sechel said...

Could you please provide the web address for the downloadable shiurim you mentioned?
I have been unable to locate them using Google.
Thank you.

 
At May 19, 2006 at 6:38:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Sechel: I bought the MP3 CDs from Yeshivat Shuvu Bonim. You can contact them via their website here

Ron: I agree. Thanks for your comments.

 
At May 19, 2006 at 6:48:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Everyone, be sure to check out Sechel's blog here

 
At May 19, 2006 at 12:45:00 PM EDT, Blogger Sechel said...

Thank you.
Good Shabbos.

 
At May 22, 2006 at 9:16:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand that earlier post about 'even if it would bring the redemption...'

It seems silly, especially since it says in the daily prayers, 'but we and our forefathers have sinned'

 
At May 22, 2006 at 9:21:00 AM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

Anonymous: In this quote I think the Melitzer Rebbe is stressing the importance on holding on to the minhagim of one's family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home