Friday, July 21, 2006

27 Tammuz 5761

(Inscription on the kever of the Degel Machaneh Ephraim)


This Sunday, the 27th of Tammuz, will mark five years since I visited the kever of the Degel Machaneh Ephraim in Mezhibuz. Between now and Sunday I will try to complete my fifth cycle of learning Degel Machaneh Ephraim and begin again for the sixth cycle.

Five years ago, I left a kvittel on the Degel's kever asking that I be matzliach to understand what was written in his holy sefer. With each review, I get a deeper appreciation for its contents and one step closer to this goal.

--
* Does anyone know where I can purchase a small sized printing of Degel Machaneh Ephraim, not in Rashi-script? The current printing is rather large and I would like a small copy that I could carry around with me. Perhaps one of these days they will print microcopies as they do for Noam Elimelech.

7 Comments:

At July 21, 2006 at 1:28:00 PM EDT, Blogger FrumWithQuestions said...

Where do you live? Check out the web page addall.com for used books. I love going to rummage sales in reform and conservative synagogues because i rescue seforim from them for a few dollars and sometimes get rare and out of print stuff. In Boro Park there are 3 seforim stores that have lots of rare stuff as well.

 
At July 21, 2006 at 1:41:00 PM EDT, Blogger A Simple Jew said...

I live in the suburbs of a major city on the East Coast. Thanks for the idea..if you ever come across a small-sized copy of this sefer, please let me know.

 
At July 21, 2006 at 2:11:00 PM EDT, Blogger FrumWithQuestions said...

How come you do not want poeple to know where you are located? I am assuming from your post about the boy who drowned in a pool you live close to Silver Spring.

 
At July 21, 2006 at 2:12:00 PM EDT, Blogger FrumWithQuestions said...

xHow come you do not want poeple to know where you are located? I am assuming from your post about the boy who drowned in a pool you live close to Silver Spring.

 
At July 22, 2006 at 10:56:00 PM EDT, Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

the reason there is a small print of NE,Tanya and others like them is due in part to segulahs attached to carry said volumes, which was not said about the DME.So i would assume therefore there are no small versions of DME.

 
At July 23, 2006 at 4:53:00 AM EDT, Blogger yitz said...

FWQ, Our good friend ASJ has given us as much info as he wishes as to where he lives: "I live in the suburbs of a major city on the East Coast." As an anonymous blogger, I'm sure you can respect that he wants to keep himself somewhat anonymous, and only give out the info that he wishes. Please respect that, and I'm sure you'll be honored with the same courtesy from him!

 
At July 24, 2006 at 12:24:00 PM EDT, Blogger FrumWithQuestions said...

I was just asking because when you know the location of a person you can understand a little more about where he is coming from when he writes his postings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home