Friday, October 13, 2006

An E-mail Interchange From Today

(Photograph by Tzemach Atlas)


A reader e-mails:

Shalom ASJ. I just saw your post on dancing on Simchas Torah, and I really wanted to make this Simchas Torah joyous and leibedick, but I got sick (flu or cold)!!! I probably will not be able to dance... Maybe this is not your expertise, but I have no one else to turn to right now (2 hours left to Shabbos in E'Y). What do you suggest I do to achieve the tikkunim of Simchas Torah? I really wanted to dance leibedick this year (as opposed to few previous years)!

Maybe you can ask Hashem to heal me on time... :) Seriously, every tefilla helps.

A Simple Jew responds:

May you have a refuah shleima, my friend. I do not know of any specific tikkunim, however I know hisbodedus is good for everything! Talk to Hashem in your own words, tell Him of your desire to dance. The Gemara says that if one intends to perform a mitzvah but was prevented from doing so, Hashem credits the person as if he actually did the mitzvah. You want to dance, but are unable to do so. Tell Hashem of your desire...

Have a good Yom Tov!

A reader responds:

Amen! A joyous and leibedick Simchas Torah and a pitka tava to you and to all good simple Jews! I think I'm starting to feel a bit better B'H.

UPDATE: A reader reports back after Simchas Torah:

B'H, went to shul, and was planning to only dance one circle but danced a whole (one) hakafa!

1 Comments:

At October 15, 2006 at 9:04:00 PM EDT, Blogger ggg said...

Baruch HaShem SJ!
keep giving chizuk to all am israel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home