Sunday, March 11, 2007

Eizer L'Shabbos Maos Chitim Campaign


Anyone who has read this blog for awhile knows that I often post information about Eizer L'Shabbos and their efforts to help the needy in Tsfat. Yom tov after yom tov after yom tov I post appeals to help Eizer L'Shabbos, and before doing so I daven that a reader might see the post and send a tzedakah check to help them.

How are my appeals received by readers? I have absolutely no idea. I don't know if it is only me sending in a tzedakah check each time and I truly wish I knew whether my postings were making any difference.

Nevertheless, like last year, I am still going to tell you about Maos Chitim campaign since Pesach is right around the corner. This year, Rabbi Binyomin Rosenberg is planning to give out food vouchers in the amount of $100 to $300 to each family in need to be used at local supermarkets in Tsfat. These food vouchers will be given out approximately two weeks before Pesach to allow people time to buy all their holiday needs.

Rabbi Rosenberg has set a goal of helping 700 families and is now seeking to collect $50,000 in funding to accomplish this goal.

Please, please remember the needy people in Tsfat who, without your help, will be without basic amenities on Pesach. If you cannot give anything, I would like to ask you to at least daven that Rabbi Rosenberg (HaRav Binyomin ben Malla) be successful to raise these funds.

Tax-deductible donations for the Maos Chitim campaign can be sent to:

Eizer L'Shabbos
5014 16th Avenue, Suite 319
Brooklyn, NY 11204

To donate by credit card, please call 917-499-7760

UPDATE: Eizer L'Shabbos pictures from Purim can be seen here.

3 Comments:

At March 10, 2007 at 9:45:00 PM EST, Blogger Akiva said...

I'm sure it helps!

You should contact these guys and tell them to set up a PayPal account, so people can do a Click-And-Donate right on their page, which you could direct link to.

If they need help doing so, send them to me (I've helped some others get set up). It's pretty simple and effortless, but does require a link to a US bank account (just to be activate a withdraw money option). With that active, they can actually get an ATM card they can use in Israel that will pull money right out of the Paypal account.

It's easier to get an instant click than getting someone to actually write and mail a check.

 
At March 11, 2007 at 12:40:00 PM EDT, Blogger Shalom said...

I would very much want to set up an PayPal account for Eizer L'Shabbos, can you please contact me @ eizerlshabbos@gmail.com

 
At March 12, 2007 at 11:37:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually mentioned it to Rabbi Rosenberg during or right after the Lebanon war about setting up a
Paypal Account.
But he is such an Eved H-shem he is so busy.
He mentioned there was somebody who did their website.
Thats the person who needs to set it up.

Thank you for telling me About Eizer Lshabbos.

Yaakov Shalom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home