Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shnayim Mikra V'Echad Targum - Part II


Although this section of the Zohar is discussing Kaddish, nevertheless it contains a teaching that provides an insight into my question about shnayim mikra v'echad targum. The Zohar 2:129b states,

"The Aramaic language is certain to subjugate the Sitra Achra and break its strength, elevating the glory of the Blessed Holy One. It breaks powerful locks, fetters, chains, and all klippos. Hashem then remembers His name and His children."

With better understanding of its importance, I now have a renewed appreciation for what I am doing each week by reciting the Targum in this language that I don't understand.

2 Comments:

At November 30, 2007 at 8:14:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because there are kabbalistic benefits to Targum does not mean you should not take practical benefits from it as well. I use it as an opportunity to learn Aramaic, which helps for learning Gemara or one of the many other holy works written wholly or partially in Aramaic.

 
At December 3, 2007 at 2:15:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for this! This re-infuses me and I'm reposting this b'shimcha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home