Friday, April 11, 2008

And Dinner Was....

Around this time every year, my wife enjoys telling the story about a Pesach in her house growing up. It goes something like this:

Sitting around the Seder table before Pesach officially began (before sundown), her mother kept nudging her father to speed up and forced him to skip around in his Haggadah - finishing the whole seder in approximately 15 minutes.

Upon his completion of the Haggadah, my wife's mother got up from her chair and went to the kitchen to bring out the meal. She then returned with plates full of food that included the main course…

Breaded chicken breasts.

3 Comments:

At April 11, 2008 at 12:51:00 PM EDT, Blogger Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

That is the most amusing thing I've read all day. Ugh! I can't even imagine!

 
At April 12, 2008 at 7:32:00 AM EDT, Blogger Alice said...

Good times!

 
At April 14, 2008 at 1:36:00 AM EDT, Blogger Neil Harris said...

It's funny how we grow up. I grew up drinking all four cups of wine in the beginning of the seder and after finishing dinner (we didn't read past the Hillel sandwich) I thought the seder was over until I was in high school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home