Wednesday, May 02, 2012

A garment can always be removed


מה תשתוחחי נפשי ותהמי עלי


Why are you downcast my soul, and why are you bewildered on my account? (Tehillim 42:6)

Anytime I feel a wave of depression or sadness wash over me, I must remember that my essence is pure; Hashem created it and placed it within me. If I regard something about myself as “bad”, I must remind myself that it is only a garment that I can still remove from over me. Nothing that I do can tarnish the purity of my soul. 

1 Comments:

At May 15, 2012 at 8:43:00 PM EDT, Blogger in the vanguard said...

Unfortunately, those waves of sadness can sometimes strike us from outside our own framework, as when we receive news that the israeli administration succumbs to leftists' demands or when our enemies bring harm upon us.

Nice blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home